Friday, August 27, 2010

Book Review - No More Christian Nice Girl by Paul Coughlin & Jennifer D Degler


I love to read books and I like sharing them with you. This is because I love to look at other people's blogs to get a good idea of books I would like to read. That way I can go into the book store armed with a shopping list.

This book has such a cute, fun cover. The title drug me right in. What this book hopes to explain is that being "nice" is not good enough. Being "nice" can hurt your relationships more than you know. They explore how you can become an authentic, powerful woman of faith. Who doesn't want that?

This book was really engaging. I read the book pretty fast. One of the things I loved about the book is that at the end of each chapter you meet CNG (Christian Nice Girl) Nicole. The authors apply what you just learned into the life of Nicole so you can actually see it played out. The chapters end with study questions so you can use this as a stand alone or group Bible study. I can't wait to go back and do the study questions while reading the book a second time. I have more dog eared corners in this book. I would recommend this book to all women. I think it is a must read.

Bethany House publishers graciously provided this book to me for review. I was not compensated for the review and the opinions are my own. I was not expected to give a favorable review.

No comments:

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin